Novel Coronavirus (SARS-COV-2) Rapid Antigen Test Kit
The Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) Antigen Rapid Test Kit is a chromatographic immunoassay intended for the qualitative detection of the nucleocapsid protein antigen from SARS-CoV-2 in nasopharyngeal swab or oropharyngeal swab specimens directly from individuals who are suspected of COVID-19 by their healthcare provider within the first 7 days of symptom onset.
The test can be taken with nasopharyngeal swab or oropharyngeal swab specimen.
It is recommended that the specimen is tested at the time of specimen collection. If the specimens are not tested immediately, they may be stored at 2~8℃ for up to 4 hours, or they may be stored at -70℃ for a long time.
Nasopharyngeal swab specimen
Nasopharyngeal swab specimen collection: Tilt patient’s head back 70 degrees. Insert swab into nostril (Swab should reach depth equal to distance from nostrils to outer opening of the ear). Leave swab in place for several seconds to absorb secretions. Slowly remove swab while rotating it.
Oropharyngeal swab specimen
Oropharyngeal swab specimen collection: Insert swab into the posterior pharynx and tonsillar areas. Rub swab over both tonsillar pillars and posterior oropharynx and avoid touching the tongue, teeth, and gums.
+ required but not supplied: Clock, timer or stopwatch
- After sample collection, remove the screw cap. Break off the head part of the swab and keep this part in the bottle.
- Shake the sampling tube for several times and make sure that the sample is fully dissolved in the sample extration liquid.
- Take out a test card from the packaging bag by tearing at the notch and place it on a level surface.
- Unscrew the upper screw cap and add 2 drops of liquid to “S” (the sample well).
- Wait for 15~20 minutes and read the results. Do not read results after 20 minutes.
- After the test, put the medical wastes into the biosafety bag.
The test provides preliminary test results. Negative results do not preclude SARS-CoV-2 infection and they cannot be used as the sole basis for treatment or other management decision.
For in vitro diagnostic use only, done by medically trained staff.
starting € 3,90 / test kit
To buy this test kit please contact us: